SMT has a fully staffed help desk team that operates with a sense of urgency, supporting our clients at every level of a production. Because SMT understands the demands of a live television broadcast, we are equipped and prepared to offer immediate help through two tiers of support for any situation that arises.
Tier I support provides immediate response to everyday client needs and expert troubleshooting. Tier 1 personnel answer and record calls, categorize issues to establish priorities for those needing immediate attention and those requiring advanced troubleshooting by our Tier II experts.
Tier I consists of full-time employees who are knowledgeable and skilled on all products offered to our clients. Their skills include product set-up procedures, system operating procedures and general hardware/software troubleshooting procedures for resolving normal issues encountered in the field.
Tier II support is engaged when issues require expert attention and resources to resolve specific software and hardware problems.
Tier II consists of engineers and operations personnel with advanced skills and expertise in each application, providing professional assistance with systems diagnosis, advanced operating knowledge and software design capabilities for integration and connectivity solutions.
SMT's Help Desk is available 24/7 at these numbers:
- (919) 354-4904
- (919) 354-4905
- (919) 354-4906
- SMT offers the most advanced client support within a Tier I and II infrastructure for any SMT deployed system available through phone or email.
- SMT offers pre-event set-up and configuration, technical support during the live program and any post-show attention, as needed. SMT guides client collaboration and assistance for troubleshooting, analysis and reporting.
- All SMT help desk personnel respond both proactively and reactively to our clients needs for system set up and scheduling of software installs. Help desk personnel are always reaching out to remote productions and technical contacts for each remote event to establish connectivity to SMT’s Data Operations Center (DOC) prior to each scheduled event.
- SMT has remote control and access capabilities in support of all SMT developed hardware and software solutions operated by our clients on-site.
- Help desk personnel work closely with our quality control group and clients in pre-testing and proper deployment of all software systems.
- Help desk personnel also works with our data technicians to address production related requests and with our engineers involving client requests that include CG interfaces and system configuration changes.