SMT’s ISO Track performs real-time tracking and identification of event participants during a live TV broadcast. This system has become an important video enhancement tool utilized by major network clients during some of the most prestigious sporting events around the world - the Tour de France, the Triple Crown, New York City Marathon, NASCAR and the Indianapolis 500.
The unique characteristic of ISO Track is it follows objects in real-time from any moving or fixed television camera. ISO Track provides the clients with a cutting edge and non-invasive way of delivering a broadcast by tracking and highlighting an object or area of interest from a cluster of pixels in the image.
Unlike other tracking technology, ISO Track does not require any electronics in the object being tracked or in the camera providing the imagery. ISO Track tracks the action from any stationary or moving vehicle, whether from a helicopter or blimp, or from a moving camera in a race car.
- SMT optimizes its on-screen visual pointer by enabling quick highlighting of event participants in crowded racing conditions, enhancing events such as pro cycling, football, motor sports, marathons and horse racing.
- The ISO Track graphics application seamlessly integrates with real-time statistics, race track telemetry data, presented in both live and replay video modes.
- In auto racing, the pointer identifies the driver and car with an image, number and statistics - such as current speed, laps to go, or current position in the race.
- In professional cycling, the system transmits and presents live statistics and biometrics data for illustrating the intensity of competing riders as the stage rolls along. This includes tracking their speed, pedaling cadence, power expended in watts and in some cases, a rider’s current heart rate.
- In football, the players are clearly identified with their image, team logos/colors along with any pertinent individual statistics virtually inserted over the playing field.