SMT’s design house, (n+1) designstudio, creates virtual sets and real-time graphics for use in news, entertainment, simulation and corporate training applications. Our sets provide a fully immersive experience with real-time talent interaction, including graphics and props (real or virtual). From set design, art direction and on-set operations, we offer everything needed to keep client projects on schedule with the highest quality industry standards.
Our virtual set technology, in which the background of a set is replaced by a computer-generated backdrop, provides a realistic, affordable and time-saving alternative to traditional sets that require camera recalibrations and expensive and laborious set changes. Virtual sets allow producers to do multiple shows on the same stage, freeing up expenses and time that can be better utilized in other ways.
• Virtual sets, broadcast graphics, logos, animation, visual effects, art direction and custom set design
• 3D virtual set library
• Custom templates
• Fully encoded telemetry for free camera movement, including trucking, dolly, hand-held and crane-mounted cameras
• 360-degree shooting range bounded only by the soundstage
• Powered by Brainstorm’s eStudio 3D render engine
• Models produced in Autodesk’s Maya and/or 3ds Max software
• Four full resolution video inputs
• NVidia Quadro series graphic cards
• Chroma keying provided by Ultimatte, the industry standard keying solution (hardware and software based system)
• SD and HD content seamlessly integrated in scenes through geometry and/or SDI SD/HD video inputs
• Real-time insertion of movies and textures in addition to images, maps or video clips
• SD/HD full movie playback within multiple-format outputs
• Real-time channel outputs with adjustable buffering and uncompressed SDI/SD/HD video outputs