SMT is seeking a Production Software Engineer in the Durham, NC headquarters for developing applications in C#. The PSE builds upon and tests SMT base products to customize graphical style, layout and behavior according to client specifications while maintaining SMT standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Account Managers to analyze and execute client requirements
- Work with graphical artists to facilitate accurate art and animation hand-offs
- Customize graphics to match the target ‘look and feel’ of the client specifications
- Develop custom GUIs for individual client features
- Integrate real-time data sources for graphics integration
- Develop expertise in customizing multiple SMT products
- Test, debug and verify individual code
- Participate in full software development cycle
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Computer Science from an accredited institution, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Demonstrated proficiency writing clean C#, C++ or Java in a .NET environment
- Experience working in a fast-paced team environment
- Thorough understanding of the software development process
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 1+ years experience writing clean C# in a .NET environment
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to work necessary hours to reach project deadlines
- Self-motivated, with strong time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Familiar with the terminology and rules of most major sports
- Strong judgment, diplomacy, and collaboration skills needed to interact positively and communicate appropriately with team members, management and customers.
- Ability to anticipate needs and proactively suggest improvements.
- Ability to research and respond to technical questions and issues.
- Ability to combine technical knowledge with an understanding of expectations to offer creative solutions to complex problems in a practical, timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to independently, quickly, and efficiently identify and solve technical problems
- Proactively communicate status and complete deliverables on schedule
- Detailed-oriented coupled with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of current technologies and evolving trends
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies
- Possible travel to live events
- Occasional on-call weekend support
SMT offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K retirement plan, flexible spending accounts and paid time off. Relocation assistance is available. Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org