ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with product managers to analyze and execute graphics requirements.
- Ensures that delivered graphics match the exact customer requirement, with respect to both aesthetic and functionality.
- Builds graphics packages with an eye toward modularity so that swappable elements are easily changed.
- Develops expertise in multiple graphics authoring tools – including Pop Pro and the Adobe Creative Cloud suite.
- Tests, debugs and verifies graphics.
- Participates in the full production life-cycle.
- Designs graphical templates and animations based on customer specification or from scratch.
- Builds both RTB and key frame based animations as required, per the needs of the customer.
- Leverages sports television expertise to consult on client’s art aesthetics and functionality to ensure optimal graphics integration into SMT’s graphics publishing tools
- Drives proper delivery of proprietary-compliant Adobe files, and reviews and responds to these files based on the criteria and standard of SMT’s methodology
- Leverages design expertise to gather, analyze, and structure proprietary -compliant Adobe files for implementation into SMT’s authoring tool via SMT’s Adobe plug-in suite.
- Grows expertise in the industry standard software tools through research and practice.
- Registers own work activity using SMT provided time tracking tools
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Media or related field from an accredited institution
- 1+ year experience composing well formatted graphics and animations within either web and/or broadcast applications.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Graphic Design, Computer Animated Design, Digital Design, or Web Design from an accredited instiution.
- 3+ years experience with Adobe Creative Cloud suite.
- 3+ years experience using a 3D animation/modeling tool such as Cinema 4D or Maya.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Strong analytical thinker who is problem-solving oriented and self-managing
- Strong communication (verbal & written), presentation, time management, and organizational skills
- Ensures that graphics packages are robustly designed, built, tested, debugged, and verified for deployment into the field
- Ensures that real-time data is presented accurately and instantly within the graphics package
- Provides feedback to continually improve efficiency and team processes
- Actively analyses and improves internal SMT processes, projects, and products
- Proactively learns new base products and graphics authoring techniques
- Continues to increase expertise in SMT products
- Follows established best practices
- Displays a positive “can do” attitude when troubleshooting or problem solving, and promotes this attitude to peers and teammates
- Proactively provides thorough and accurate written and verbal status updates to supervisor and completes deliverables on schedule
- Able to work necessary hours to reach project deadlines
- Manages time well and adheres to scheduled deadlines
- Willing to travel to live events
- Fundamental understanding of major sports