ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Takes ownership of and responsibility for SMT’s facilitation and management of key client sales contacts, overall contract management, and renewal process.
- Proactively identifies, proposes and closes incremental sales opportunities with each client account, secures appointments, develops and delivers presentations, and reinforces positive client relationships.
- Recognizes supplemental business opportunities within SMT product suite to up-sale new and existing accounts.
- Supervises and motivates BDMs.
- Manage BDMs by establishing metrics, measuring performance and engaging in pro-active development.
- Recommends and helps implement appropriate service improvements as well as exploring needs for new services within SMT’s existing service offerings.
- Regularly communicates with existing assigned clients and works with the Client Services Team to monitor client satisfaction with SMT services
- Monitors and evaluates competition as well as industry trends, including behavioral, financial, technological, and demographic factors, and recommends response strategies
- Identifies potential new market segments, products, and client opportunities
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects of the various SMT solutions by pro-actively anticipating client needs and requirements
- Develops compelling proposals including appropriate input/buy-in from all relevant internal departments integral to the delivery of the service or products and appropriate pricing (Operations, Development, Creative)
- Leads client negotiations, consummating with contract signoff
- Facilitates client/project onboarding process
- Prepares, organizes, and presents materials for meetings
- Produces complete and timely invoicing documentation to Accounting
- Utilizes CRM to maintain thorough electronic notes of all client receivables & schedules, and all SMT deliverables & schedules, as well as relevant correspondence from other depts.
- Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports within CRM.
- As needed, able to contribute input to SMT’s overall growth strategies
- Thorough understanding of all SMT products and services
- Contributes valuable content to the Marketing Department for web and press releases
- Ensures that the business development pipeline of SMT is flush with new leads and identifies opportunities for the Marketing Department to build clients’ awareness of other SMT products and services not currently contracted
- Completes quarterly client reviews to provide senior management with updated information on clients’ current “state of affairs”
- Evaluates accounts’ financials on a quarterly basis to confirm regular receivables
- Generates work order estimates for final approval on all projects
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors in Business, Sports Management, or related field from an accredited institution and 7+ years consultative sales experience.
- Masters of Business Administration and 5+ years consultative sales experience.
- 3+ years experience in television industry preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Exude confidence, expertise and excitement during public speaking & presentation, as well as a variety of other social situations.
- Interacts professionally and confidently across all levels of an organization
- Packages all information and correspondence effectively and thoroughly
- Strong judgment, diplomacy and collaboration skills.
- Consistently maintains a positive and professional disposition and outward appearance.
- Manages time and completes multiple simultaneous projects and deadlines effectively, thoroughly, and on time
- Demonstrates meticulous attention to detail.
- Shows foresight in identifying potential problems, quickly analyzing them, communicating, and proposing potential solutions
- Self-manages professional growth and knowledge.
- Able to quickly learn new concepts, industry trends and technologies.
- Able to work extended work hours during workflow peaks to reach project deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (PowerPoint, Excel & Word) required
- Proficient with CRMs (SalesForce preferred)
- Demonstrates proficiency in job specific software tools (Photoshop & After Effects)
- Comfortable working in a quota driven environment
- Technical background or technical aptitude required
- Extensive knowledge of major sports and passion for all sports required.
- Must be able to travel 20-30% of the time.
- Have or be able to obtain a United States passport & other required authorizations needed for worldwide travel.
- Sit for several consecutive hours.
- Type on computer keyboard up to and possibly beyond 8 hours per day.
- View and read a computer terminal up to and possibly beyond 8 hours per day.
- Talk and communicate to convey detailed or important information for several hours.
- Walk or move about SMT buildings to attend meetings or events.
Regularly uses computer & monitor. High mental capability and cognitive requirements. No exposure to adverse environment conditions and minimal noise during typical office environment. Possibility of exposure to adverse environmental conditions and extensive noise during travel to sporting or other client-related events.