ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interacts with the Product Development and Commercialization and Production Engineering divisions to drive software design and development that best utilizes SMT’s software and hardware platforms.
- Works independently on platform software development or new core technologies.
- Works with Senior Software Architects and the VP of R&D to design, scope, and develop new platform features and modules for new core technologies.
- Serves as an “Engineer of Last Resort,” working with a variety of SMT groups to diagnose and problem solve difficult issues at SMT Headquarters and remote locations.
- Participates in the research, design, and prototyping stages of the development of new technologies.
- Works with the Product Development and Commercialization division to transition new technologies into SMT products.
- Accurately estimates projects’ scopes and budgets time responsibly to meet deadlines.
- Designs, develops, and analyzes system benchmarks.
- Proactively investigates new hardware devices, software tools, and industry best practices for use across all SMT departments.
- Develop full understanding and expertise with all SMT software platforms and products and continually seeks to optimize the execution of these platforms and products on SMT’s hardware systems.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- M.S. in Computer Science.
- 2+ years research or industry experience in Image Processing.
- 2+ years experience in 3D rendering.
- 2+ years experience with camera calibration.
- 2+ years experience with image-based tracking.
- Fundamental understanding of major sports.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years professional work experience in a technology-related industry.
- Extensive knowledge of several sports.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Expert coding, debugging, and testing skills in C++ (required) and C# (preferred) under Windows (preferred).
- Experience coding and analyzing multi-threaded applications preferred.
- Exceptional analytic problem-solving abilities.
- Advanced communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Familiarity with Microsoft’s Visual Studio tools.
- Familiarity with revision control and unit testing.
- Experience with computer graphics, video, image processing, or numerical computing preferred.
- Experience with broadcast video and/or television production preferred.
- Self-motivated, with strong time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Able to work necessary hours to reach project deadlines
- Strong judgment, diplomacy, and collaboration skills needed to interact positively and communicate appropriately with team members, management and customers.
- Ability to anticipate needs and proactively suggest improvements.
- Ability to independently research and respond to technical questions and issues.
- Ability to combine technical knowledge with an understanding of expectations to offer creative solutions to complex problems in a practical, timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to independently, quickly, and efficiently identify and solve technical problems.
- Proactively communicate status and complete deliverables on schedule.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts, industry trends and technologies.
- Willing to travel to live events.
SMT offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K retirement plan, flexible spending accounts and paid time off. Relocation assistance is available. Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.