- Review and test software and updates for each IDS event, and work closely with other IDS employees/departments to resolve issues.
- Identify and resolve network issues relating to IDS operations independently and without direct supervision.
- Review customer site for network design.
- Assists in recommendations for purchase of all equipment needed for client and IDS needs and network setups.
- Maintain user securities onsite at client events.
- Complete special hardware and software related projects for IDS clients and users as assigned.
- Travel to client sites to setup hardware and cabling for networks used at events.
- Supports basic network, hardware and software at client events.
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with client staff and IDS team members.
- Assist Event Project Managers with key issues when necessary.
- Consistently strive to enhance the current services provided to the client and ensure that recommendations are made for future product enhancements and services.
- Utilize personal discretion when making on-site decisions relating to the IDS event operations.
- Basic database, spreadsheet, and word-processing required.
- Windows XP knowledge required.
- Vista, Windows 7 and Server 2003/2008 knowledge preferred.
- Experience with Cisco Switches and Access Points preferred.
- Solid Troubleshooting abilities required.
- Ability to get Class-B driving license required.
- Ability to obtain a passport and travel to worldwide locations as needed is required.
- DOS, Novell, Linux knowledge helpful.
- Basic knowledge of programming helpful.
- Fluency in a foreign language helpful.
- Must be able to lift 50-75 pounds on a daily basis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- MCSE certified or
- 1 year network setup, administration, and networking hardware experience.